DP6 Paths of travel to exits Service
PURPOSE : So that occupants can safely evacuate the building
REQUIREMENTS : To provide a passage to an exit that is of a width and height as specified by the Building Code of Australia.
METHOD : Paths of travel to exits must have dimensions appropriate to—
- the number, mobility and other characteristics of occupants; and
- the function or use of the building.
MAINTENANCE CHECKS :
- Ensure no obstruction of any nature encroaches on or into the designated paths of travel; and
- Check that the integrity of the fire-isolation requirements on or in the relevant sections of the path of travel have not been breached or compromised; and
- Check that no unauthorised alteration has been carried out on these sections.